Fans can replicate the NCAA Division I Mens Basketball Championship bracket and play with all the schools in the NCAA Basketball 09: March Madness Edition, available to download just in time for the start of the NCAA tournament. The game initially features teams from last year’s tournament, and beginning on March 18, the stats update to feature the just-announced official Selection Sunday brackets and accurate teams with updated ratings.
NCAA Basketball 09: March Madness Edition re-creates all the atmosphere and intensity of NCAA March Madness by enabling fans to authentically replicate the entire NCAA Tournament and play through the “virtual bracket” with their favorite team under the same conditions they’ll face throughout March Madness. Take on the challenge of leading any of the 65 schools competing on the road to the Final Four, from the opening round right through to a virtual reproduction of the Final Four on the authentic Ford Field court in Detroit, where one team will be crowned NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball National Champion on April 6, 2009.
Also known as: NCAA Basketball 2009: March Madness Edition
Local Multiplayer – Versus: 4
For more info on these technical requirements and features, please view GameSpy’s Specs FAQ.
- Next-Level Authenticity — Introducing true-to-life styles of play for every Division I team, including authentic team ratings and scouting reports from the creators of the annual Blue Ribbon College Basketball Yearbook.
- Execute Your Gameplan — Choose pre-game strategies that reinforce your style of play and then keep an eye on the all-new Game Tempo Meter to make adjustments on the fly
- Set The Tempo — Use all 94 feet to push the ball or apply full court pressure to force turnovers to speed the game up, walk the ball up the floor and initiate a half-court set or use a balanced attack to take advantage of what your opponent gives you. Set the tempo and play your game to put yourself in a position to come out on top.
- New Game Engine — Over 1,000 new animation sequences deliver a more responsive, intelligent experience. Apply pressure defense with new full-court presses and traps. Plus, quicker players now get up and down the floor faster and make better decisions running lanes and driving to the rim.
- Real-Time Coaching Feedback System — Your school’s coach is with you every step of the way. Listen to real NCAA Coaches on the sidelines providing real time feedback, helping you play at your ideal tempo.
- Quick Strike Ankle Breakers — Force your defender to step up and guess what you’ll do next. Trigger the turbo button and use the right analog stick for bold, responsive ball-handling moves to fake out your defender and create scoring opportunities.
- Lockdown Control — New risk reward system to lock in your check on defense. Get in tight on a strong shooting guard to take away his shot, or play back to keep a quick point guard from blowing by you.
- Signature Playcalling — Introducing an accessible in game play-calling system that pushes on-court visualization to guide you through the play.
- Pick and Roll Control — New two-man game mechanic enables you to control both the ball handler and screener simultaneously. Set screens and run two man plays, with on-screen instructions to guide you.
Wait is there more to this story